Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fall River, Dallas, Monterrey

Keeping an updated travelblog has been a quite difficult task, but here is what I have done in the last couple days.
***
Wednesday - August 6th
I should be wasted after spending the whole night awake packing and doing the last arrangements for the trip, but the excitment made me to leave early.
My parents took me to Providence, where I took an always ever suffocating and now narrower plane (now charging US$15.00 for every bag).
Dallas still looks great. Wide roads, modern buildings, tanned Texan blonde girls, parades of luxury cars.
I met some friends and people that I had seen in decades as well as making new friends, and had the usual warm reception by my folks.
***
Thursday- August 7th
Hangging around with friends, packing some books.
***
Friday- August 8th
I caught the bus after some confusion (the bus would be late, but came on time on its first station). It is a Mexican-American bus line, Turimex and there I went by 12 hours across the prairie, seated on the side of nice and talkative Mexicans. There is no need of ice breakers for them, but a open (sometimes golden) smile.


Here I am crossing the Rio Grande (Rìo Bravo for the Mexicans)
Aduna Mexicana



2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Leo! This blog is looking good! Pl try to keep it updated,k? hope things are going well. Take care! poG.

Noemi Szcypula said...

Oi Leo, acho que boa parte de nós mortais brasileiros não sabemos ainda! escrever e ler em ingles e, gostariamos de acompanhar sua viagem. Faça uma ótima viagem, Deus te guie.